pay homage to the French handlebar bag,
incorporating some time-saving features for the long distance cyclist.
Our Boxy Rando Bag is "medium-sized"; perfect for smaller
frames or for those riders who don't plan on bringing the kitchen
A note on
mounting and decaleurs:
This bag is sized to fit the Nitto M-12 rack (as shown) and other *similarly sized* Randonneur style front racks. Non-standard sized mini racks and other rack styles will NOT mount securely. Please contact me with any fit questions before purchase.
It goes without saying that the addition of a decaleur
will provide the securest, most wobble-free mount--it's essential if you're riding rough roads or carrying all but the lightest of loads. We've supplied cords to help stabilize the bag, but for best results, a decaleur should be used.
- Rev 5-24-13: Stabilizing cord locks upgraded to Fastex brand--strongest on the market. Plastic clips no longer included. (photos not updated) See here for a non-slip attachment method.
M A T E R I A L S
- MARTEXIN "ORIGINAL WAX" heavyweight 2 x 3 ply filter twill (24 oz./yd. after finishing). American manufacturer since 1838.
- HERMANN OAK "ENGLISH BRIDLE" premium leather (9 oz.) 100% vegetable-tanned from top-grade U.S. steer hides. American manufacturer since 1881.
E A T U R E S
- 2 rear pockets
with EASY OPENING turnbuckle clasps
- EXTRA LARGE
front pocket with elastic closure, fits folded maps
- REAR OPENING
main flap for "no-dismount" access
map case with velcro, fits 8.5" x 11" paper folded in half
adjustable velcro rack attachment
- 3-LAYER removable
interior stiffeners: 2 coroplast + 1 HDPE
- Blinkie attachment
- STABILIZING CORDS included
P E C I F I C A T I O N S
(main compartment): 11"w x 8"h x 6.5"d (28 x 20 x 17 cm)
(inc. pockets): 11"w x 8"h x 10"d (28 x 20 x 25 cm)
- Decaleur mounting height: 7-1/4" (from bottom of bag to center of leather strip)
approx. 8 L
- Weight: 34
oz (964 g)
C C E S S O R I E S
Ranger Tan waxed canvas
Olive waxed canvas
Black waxed canvas
In the process of improving our products, we occasionally make running changes. Actual item may slightly vary from what is shown in the photos.
We reserve the right to make changes to the product information and photos contained on this site at any time without notice, including with respect to specifications, design, colors and materials.
Copyright © 2014 Acorn
Bags. All rights reserved.