Basket Tote (Wald 137)
A workhorse on or off the bike. Our Basket Tote converts from a basket bag to a tote bag for off-the-bike portability. It's simple and gets the job done...just like your basket. Made of thick canvas duck and leather, with no raw edges to fray, so it won’t let you down. Side snaps attach the bag to the basket. (If going off-road or carrying extra bulky loads, you'll want to supplement the snaps with a strap or bungee net.)
Some features that might go unnoticed on first glance:
- Bag's rectangular shape and defined corners makes it easy to slip into your basket.
- Very expandable—fold over for smaller loads, keep tall for larger loads.
- No zipper to break or jam when you overstuff.
- Sides of the bag don't flare out beyond the basket, giving more clearance for your handlebar.
We sized our bag to drop into your Wald 137 “Medium” Basket (not included). It’s a low profile bag, so it should work with most handlebar setups (see dimensions below). Pay attention to your rack specs and don't go beyond the weight limit!
Please note: In the process of improving our products, we occasionally make running changes. Actual item may slightly vary from what is shown in the photos.
- MARTEXIN "ORIGINAL WAX" waxed cotton canvas -or- FAIRFIELD WATER REPELLENT cotton canvas. American manufacturer since 1838.
- HERMANN OAK "ENGLISH BRIDLE" premium leather vegetable-tanned from U.S. hides. American manufacturer since 1881.
- SCOVILL DOT® Snaps, military/marine approved, nickel plated brass. American manufacturer since 1802.
- Adjusts to your cargo size with SAM BROWNE stud closures
- STANDS UP on its own, so it's easy to load
- MIL-SPEC carry handles; no shoulder strap to attach
- 2 DOT® SNAPS attach the bag to the basket
- Dimensions (unfolded tote): 13.5"w x 13"h x 8.5"d (34 x 33 x 22 cm)
- Dimensions (folded in basket): 13.5"w x 8"h x 8.5"d (34 x 20 x 22 cm)
- Capacity: 10-15 L
- Weight (waxed): 20 oz (567 g)