Fine tuning an old classic. Saddlebags have been around forever. We've mostly stuck with tradition, but added a few refinements: a wraparound stiffener to keep the bag from sagging, a full 360° expandable collar and no-fuss pocket turn buttons.
As with all larger saddlebags, it's recommended that a bag support or rack be used...or you can go the minimalist route and purchase our optional Leather Stand-Off. It's specifically designed to work with our stiffener to pull the bag away from the seatpost, minimizing "thigh-rub"—brushing your legs against the bag. It also keeps the bag from chafing on the brake cable and seat post clamp.
Mounting straps are designed for Brooks saddles with bag loops. The vertical distance from the bag loops to the bottom of the bag is approx. 9 inches.
Please note: In the process of improving our products, we occasionally make running changes. Actual item may slightly vary from what is shown in the photos.
- MARTEXIN "ORIGINAL WAX" waxed cotton canvas—or—FAIRFIELD WATER REPELLENT cotton canvas. American manufacturer since 1838.
- HERMANN OAK "ENGLISH BRIDLE" premium leather vegetable-tanned from U.S. hides. American manufacturer since 1881.
- SCOVILL DOT® Turn Buttons, military/marine approved, nickel plated brass. American manufacturer since 1802.
- 2 side pockets with DOT® COMMON SENSE™ Turn Buttons
- Removable, HIDDEN STIFFENER helps prevent sagging
- EXPANDABLE 360° COLLAR extends main compartment capacity
- Pass-through straps with wooden brace for a stable mount
- D-rings to lash a jacket or Sunday paper
- Blinkie attachment point
- Includes leather mounting straps
- Dimensions (main compartment): 11"w x 8.5"h x 6.5"d (28 x 22 x 17 cm)
- Dimensions (inc. pockets): 16"w x 8.5"h x 6.5"d (41 x 22 x 17 cm)
- Vertical drop: approx. 9" from bag loops to bottom of bag
- Capacity: approx. 9 L
- Weight (unwaxed, incl. straps/stiffener): 27 oz (765 g)