Stabilizing Cords for our Medium Rando and Handlebar Bag. Most any piece of string will work just fine...but we offer these if you want to splurge. You get 2 pieces of 22 inch parachute cord and 2 Fastex brand cordlocks. (The cords and locks are made in the U.S.A. and the cordlocks are the strongest in the business with a 10 lb spring.)
Here's a slip-proof way of installing the cords (see photos):
- Loop loose cord around handlebar.
- Feed one end of cord through d-ring "from above".
- Feed other end through d-ring "from below".
- Insert cord lock and snug up against d-ring.
- Knot loose ends together and cut and melt ends.